Formative and Summative Assessment
I work with a number of schools nationally and internationally to develop effective use of assessment to ensure good individual pupil progress.
- I support schools to embed best practice in the core AFL strategies:
- Engineering effective discussions, questions and tasks that elicit evidence of learning.
- Providing feedback that moves learners forward.
- Clarifying and sharing learning intentions and criteria for success with children.
- Activating pupils as the owners of their own learning.
- Activating pupils as resources for one another.
- I support schools in developing robust writing and reading assessment systems
- I moderate writing and reading assessments.
What people say
Thank you for your visit notes and all of your work over the past 2 days. (writing assessment workshops) I think your input has been very useful and the teachers seem more confident now; feedback has been very positive. I am looking forward to your next visit when you are doing the guided writing input, it is in the diary already! Thanks again Headteacher, Northlands Primary, Essex. Jan 2016
Excellent: Thought provoking and inspiring. It made me continuously think through and reflect on my practice. Year 3 / 4 teacher, St Bernadette’s, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire